Sunday 8 May 2011

Ancillery Research & Planning

To make my own Ancillery texts to go along with my teaser trailer I have looked at existing posters and magazine front covers for existing films and annotated them, here is what i found:

Posters:




From looking at these posters I can see that the main hero/anti-hero is very central to the poster, that they are seen as being more dominant then everything else with the use of high to low angle shots, that the Title of the film is nearer the bottom of the poster and that the actors that feature in the film usually have their names somewhere on the poster. When it comes to making my own poster I will have to keep these points in mind. I will take a picture of my main character in a low to high angle shot of him to make him look more dominant and add the title and other featured actors names using a great editing website called http://www.picnik.com/

Magazine front covers:




From looking at these magazine front covers I can see that the main characters are very central to the magazine, only one character is shown and that they seem to be in a more interview friendly pose. The title of the magazine front cover is usually at the top  and the title of the movie is usually underneath the main character of the film with a tagline underneath the title. Many other sub stories that tie in with the film are spread over the page to give their target audience more to read. When it comes to making my own poster I must keep these points in mind. I will have my a picture of craig in a more relaxed but still action shot by an alleyway and add the titles and other effects using a brilliant editing website I have found called http://www.picnik.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment