Monday 25 April 2011

My Ideal Target Audience

Here I have created a profile for who I think my target audience will be, what their interests are, how they look/dress and why they are into thriller films. In the picture above I have shown a group of casual dressing teenagers that appear to be into sports, I think that audiences that like to watch thrillers often enjoy the thrill they get from watching them, I therefore think that they enjoy other ways of thrilling themselves such as playing sports and like some elements of risk. Thriller films take these elements of risk and show a world in which taking risks and doing outrageous things leads to the main characters bettering themselves in some way, these main characters then project themselves onto the films target audience and makes them want to be just like they are by making the protagonist someone to aspire to, they are usually put into a very difficult position where the likely hood of success is very slim and the situation looks hopeless but they still manage to overcome their problems through perseverance, I believe that thriller films target audience may feel the same way about themselves, that they are never ready to give up and therefore see themselves in the protagonist which makes the audience relate to the film on a far more personal level.


My ideal target audience would be teenagers to young adults of ages 15-25, I believe that this demographic is an accurate range of target audience ages that are most likely to want to watch thriller films or be able to watch thriller films, many thriller films are given age rating certificates of 15+ due to the more mature content that tends to feature in many thriller films. I believe that more students want to watch thriller films as they are still learning and thriller films are usually far more complex and clever, stimulating the minds of its viewers which I believe students crave in the gaining of knowledge.


I believe that my target audience will expect to see many enigma codes throughout the teaser trailer, theses are used to make the audience question what is happening or going to happen in the trailer and is key when it comes to entriuging its target audience into wanting to find out more about the film. My target audience will expect to hear gripping audio which starts out slow but then builds up a faster pace as it reaches the climax of the trailer, the audience will expect the same effect to happen with the pace of editing. My target audience will expect to be told about the actors that feature in the main production as well as who the the company is that produced the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment